Tuesday 23 December 2014

So this is Christmas

So here we are and its Christmas eve. I am happy to say that all my shopping is done and I am where I wanted to be be with preparations for tomorrow, don't you just hate me. Apart from not having blogged about my Christmas crafts I'm pretty happy with everything.

I have had some time to think about gift giving. not just the physical stuff that we exchange around this time of year. But for me the love, care and memories are what is really wonderful about this time of year.

The princess dresses
When I think back to all my Christmas memories I actually can't remember most of what I have been given or gave. What I do remember is the love. I remember the year my Nana made my sister and I princess dress. Or the year that I was at the local shopping center and a clown painted my face with the most amazing butterfly. I remember Christmas day with my cousins eating to many lollies and hearing my Mum, aunty and Nana fussing in the kitchen.

Joseph and Mary
I hope as the years and flying by I am giving my children as happy memories that I have. They are defiantly giving me wonderful memories of waking up early to their excited faces and they excitedly cry 'Santa has been'. The year I was pregnant with my third baby and being asked to play the Virgin Mary. Christmas cooking and craft with my kiddies, The older I get the more I realize and understand its not about the stuff which is ironic for a blogger who blogs about making stuff. In the end it all comes down to love. The love that we display and share with each other.

So yes its Christmas eve and all the shopping is done, food prep underway. I just have one more gift to organize and its one for myself. I have decided that it is time that I was kinder to myself. I am going to talk more kindly to myself, be proud of my accomplishments and accepting of my failures. I will believe in myself and follow my heart. I will forget about the silly details and embrace what is truly important. And when I struggle to do all these things I pick have a cup of tea and remember that I can always try again.

Marry  Christmas, I hope that your day is filled with love and joy. I am looking forward to sharing many more post in 2015 xxx 
 

 
my Christmas angel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.