Monday 15 April 2013

Making Super Henry

School holiday fun...

Phew school is back today not that it hasn't bee fun having my little man home with me but it is hard to get all my jobs done with him around. Although I had started my day today at 5:20am thinking I would get loads done he was at school but he it is 8:30pm and I am writing a blog post which I had planned on starting straight after school drop off, where does all the time go?

So on the holidays I thought that it was time for us to make something with my little man as we have enjoyed in the past sewing together  but since the arrival of his baby sister our craft time has been but on the back burner. After a request to make him his own super hero costume.

Super hero costume

Step one: We come up a rough design.
Step two: I had a meter of blue poly cotton. I cut a strip off the top of about 10cm to make the neck tie.
Step three: I then cut the remainder fabric with an angled line to create the angle shape allowing the top width to be about 30cm.
Step four: Hemmed the edges and sewed the tie on, folding the tie in half to keep the seams on the inside.
Step five: Transferred the logo design on fusible webbing, I made a second copy so that IO could put the same logo on a t-shirt.
Step six: Cut out and machine sewed the logo onto the cape and a t-shirt.
Step seven: To make the mask I cut out of felt a mask shape as can be seen below.
Step eight: I zig zagged around the edges and sewed elastic on the sides.

We sent the morning happily sewing together which can be a tad more stressful than cooking together but it did lead to an afternoon of super hero fun not to mention all the other fun times over the holidays.

 
Super hero fun in the backyard :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Super Henry is having Super Fun!! Great costume.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.