Saturday 13 April 2013

The best lunch ever

I love this salad, if you are one of those people who just couldn't see a salad as a meal then this salad will change your world a dear friend gave me this recipe its great. I love that I can do the lion share of the work on the weekend and then have tasty lunch for myself through the week as I really struggle with eating a good lunch.

Roast Veggie Salad

Red capsicum
Sweet potato
Butternut pumpkin
Zucchini
Red onion
Eggplant
Rocket
Balsamic
Pine nuts
Pumpkin seeds
Sunflower seeds
Feta
Rice bran oil

Step 1: Pre heat oven 200c
Step 2: Cut all the veggies apart rocket into 2cm chunks.
Step 3: Put all cut veggies in a large bowl and lightly drizzle oil over and toss around until evenlyish covered.
Step 4: Spread veggie out of baking trays I normally need two and place in oven and roast until all veggies are cooked, don't stressed if come get a tad burnt around the edges it adds to the flavor.
Step 5: When veggies are cool place then in a small bowl with rocket, feta, punnets, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and a splash of balsamic.

Its super yummy and although it takes a bit of faffing about it gives you several very yummy, healthy lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.