Sunday 12 May 2013

I am a vampire

There is a song that we love in my wee family from the Juno sound track which goes along the lines of 'I am vampire I am a vampire I am a vampire I have lost my life...'its a surprisingly cheery ditti and we all sing along. So when master seven was invited to a spooky themed birthday party you guessed it he want to go as a vampire. As O strongly dislike just going and buying an over priced badly bad costume I like to cobble something together. The main feature my son wanted was a cape. Below is some super easy instructions to making a vampire cape.

Vampire Cape

All you need for this cape is 1 meter of poly cotton preferably back and your sewing supplies.

 Step 1: I folded over and ironed a 2cm wide strip to create a pocket.

Step 2: Folded over a piece 15cm and ironed. Pin into place.

Step 3: Sew two rows along the folded edge so that there is enough room to thread through a draw string.

Step 4: Thread threw a draw string through the opening. I Find it best to attach a safety pin to one end to help push it along.

Step 5: Cut a jagged hem for added effect.

For the full effect I channelled my goth 16 year old self and put on lots of dark eye liner and blood red lip stick. Although I don't understand why its so dam hard to put make up on kiddies.




gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.