Tuesday 4 June 2013

Winter treats

 

The cold weather is here and on these chilly days I want something warm to fill my and the ones I love that will warm them up and make them smile. Lately I have taken to making apple pancakes I've made them for morning teas, afternoon teas, desert even sent them cold in my sons lunch box.

Apple Pancakes

1 1/2 cups self raising flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg I have been using egg replacer so my little girl can eat them with us.
1 grated granny smith apple
1 cup of milk approximately you need to allow for how juicy the apple is you want the batter to be to consistency of custard
Butter to fry in because everything is better with butter

Everything into the bowl mix it up with my trusty big spoon. Then spoon fulls into the hot pan with melted butter. They are ready to flip when the air bubbles come to the surface and hold there shape even after they have popped. Then cook for a couple of more minutes the other side.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.