Sunday 21 July 2013

The crafting fraudster


 Lately I have been feeling like a bit of a craft fraudster. Between school holiday, virus and life business I haven't had nearly as much time for my crafting as I would like. At the start of the year I would at least one day a week sit and sew. It helped a lot that missy was still having two naps a day.
 
But due to my own self inflicted guilt I wanted to prove that I am still doing bits and pieces sewing wise. Even is it is less than I would like and forgetting that I have a massive list of things I really want to make.
 
My poor boy for the past hmm 3 years I have been very slowly piecing together a quilt for him. The inside patch are from his old pj's that I have collected. I have done about 20 I think and need about  another 20 I think to make up a quilt. I feel rather guilty about its slow progress because he has been so accepting and understanding that mummy wanted to finish the baby blanket first, then mummy made a bigger cot blanket for his sister, then came her baptism dress then her birthday dress. Getting the quilt finished is now very high on my to do list.
 


Not all the sewing I have been doing has me pure pleasure. I had these vests for my sons school production. Eight of them, while I was very happy to help I have to say that sewing stretch satin and adding gold lame is not my idea of fun. But I think that they look pretty hot.
 
I always like to have a hand sewing project going. And at the moment this is what I am working on. I have been planning to do a blog post on how to reproduce this but its taking a little longer to finish than I had planned. Not because it is difficult work but just because I need more time to craft.
 
It  feels like I am always trying to steal my time for craft. I have a wonderful husband who will happily take the kids to the park or wash the dishes so that I can get on with whatever project but it still seems hard to find the time. I wonder what other people do. How do you find time for your craft? I would love to hear from you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.