Saturday 27 July 2013

Christmas in July


Christmas in July seems to be big this year, and because my friends and I love to jump on band wagon we are laving Christmas in July tomorrow. Thankfully it not at my house but I have made a Gingerbread House to take along. I made it and my darling boy decorated it and I think he has done a great job and  cramming on as many lollies as he could.

Gingerbread Dough

230gr butter
3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
3/4 cup golden syrup
5 1/4 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clover
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup cold water

- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add golden syrup.
- Sift in dry ingredients, beat in.
- Alternating with cold water until all the water and dry ingredients and mix in.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least three hours but will keep for up to three days.
- Roll out and cut to desired shape before baking 180c until golden brown.

Royal Icing

1 egg white, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar and approx. 250gr pure icing sugar. Beat together until very stiff.
I used four quantities of the icing to put together the house and decorate it. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant work you two! I hope everyone enjoys it tomorrow. We went to a Christmas in July last weekend and had a fine old time.It's a great excuse for a get together in Winter.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.