Tuesday 6 August 2013

On the sixth day of cake...

Yesterday I wrote how the best part of making cake is sharing cake and that is so true. Sadly so far I haven't been able to share the cakes I have made with little Miss as she has an egg allergy, she has had ganache on a biscuit but lets be honest that aint no cake. I could have been putting egg replacer into the recipes, however with experience I have noticed no all cakes work with the egg replacer or it changes them quite a lot. Today I was excited to make her egg free cupcakes, even though my darling husband questioned if cupcakes even belong in 31 Day of Cake, I say if it has cake in the name its fair game.
 
I made these cupcakes in a silicon mould so that I didn't have to use patty pans and would make freezing them a bit better. When they come out of the oven they were moist and spongy extremely moreish. As the cooled they become a bit firmer and more typical cake although there is still a hint of them being bit different. I would like to play around with flavour but it may need to wait until after the 31 days.

 

Dairy and Egg Free Cup Cakes

1 ½ cups SR flour
1/3 cup dairy free custard powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup water
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
 
-          Preheat oven 180c.
      -          Sift dry ingredients.
-          Mix wet ingredients in bowl.
-          Combine dry ingredients, beat until smooth.
-          Pour into patty pan cases and back for 25min.

To ice the cupcakes I just mixed pure icing sugar and boiling water super easy.


The mixture did make more cakes however the kids stopped all of them getting on the plate for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.