Wednesday 7 August 2013

The Seventh Cake

Since coming up with the idea of 31 Days of Cake I have been worried about today. Not because the bake is difficult, if you glance over the recipe it is frighteningly simple. The thing is today is fruit cake day and my husbands grandma is a CWA, award winning fruit cake master. I have given my darling husband clear instructions that in no way to compare my fruit cake with grandma's cake. Its not her recipe, I have found an egg free, nut free delight that both my dear cherubs will be able to eat.
 

 


Hint: Maybe I'm just an idiot but up until a few weeks ago if I was lining a spring form tin I would trace around the outside, carefully cut it out, put in the bottom. Then one day asked my darling husband to line the tin I look over he has just shoved the paper on closed the tin and was cutting around it. I thought he was a genius.

 

Egg Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free Fruit Cake

800gr mixed dried fruit
2 cups orange juice
2 cups SR flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbs golden syrup
    Mix dried fruit and orange juice. Soak overnight.
    The next day add the remaining ingredients . Mix well.
    Put in tin and bake for 1 to 2 hours at 140c- 150c. Test with  a skewer.
 
 
 
I don't think that I will be winning any awards from the CWA but the kids and I liked it (dare not ask husband). In fact the kids went a bit crazy for it which is good because as treats go its pretty low on bad stuff, not very expensive to make especially if you consider how many serves you will get out of this one. I think it will be a great lunch box filler. The only down size is even though its an easy cake its a time hungry cake need to plan ahead when it going to be made.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.