Thursday 8 August 2013

Day 8

Todays cake grew along the way I knew I wanted to make a sponge as today I was making a cake for my friend Lisa's birthday but no pressure.
I made the 3 minute sponge but then felt the cake would need extra layers so I repeated it. In between the layers of cake I put a lemon cream then covered the top with passion fruit icing it was a little runnier than I had planned so it drizzled down the sides but I wasn't unhappy with the way it look in the end. I just hope it was as yummy as it looked.
 

3 minute Sponge Cake


1 cup SR flour
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
3 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon melted butter 

-          Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix for 3min.
-          Pour into tins and bake for 20min at 180c.

Lemon Cream

 

½ cup sugar
½ cup water
1 tbs corn flour
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
1 tbs butter
2 egg yolks
300ml whipped cream 
-          Put zest, juice, water, corn flour and sugar in pan on low heat stir until thick.
-          Add butter stir until melted.
-          Add egg yolks stir til all mixed in.
-          When cooled mix with whipped cream.
To make the passion fruit icing I just mixed icing sugar with fresh passion fruit and a small amount of boiling water.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.