Saturday 2 November 2013

When life gives you lemons...



For those who follow my blog you may have noticed that last week there was no rant this was due to two reason 1) I was slack during the week and hadn't pre written anything 2) more critically last Sunday I was shattered having spent the night taking care of my vomiting toddler.
 
I had a productive week planned, blog post to catch up on, sewing to do, food to cook, friends to visit with new borns. But alas none
Then next to fall to the tummy bug was lucky me on Monday morning but I rallied myself got thru the day. Manage to still do the bare minimum of what it takes to keep the family ticking over.  I was so excited my husband arrived home on time I was going to collapse into a sweaty exhausted heap but no such luck poor hubby had been struck down by the bug and he collapsed onto the bed, I needed to solider on just a little longer. I took the our big boy out to Joey Scouts leaving little miss with the iPad sitting next to her father  as he withered away.
We made it thru dinner, bathes and bed routine with me collapsing onto couches or beds when ever I could. 
 
By the next morning little miss was full of her normal vim and vigour, I was a tad shaky, hubby a sweaty mess and the big boy had come down with the bug. We sadly had it the worse and couldn't even hold down water for almost 10 hours.
 
As hubby, big boy and I lay on the bed exhausted and little miss climbed over us thinking it was all a game I couldn't help but think that family is amazing. Despite us having all passed on a virus together, despite all the yuck there are no other three people I would rather be stuck in bed with. These are my peeps and its a pretty special thing we have going on and I can't wait to share it with our third child.

I was recently remind on a line from the Baz Lurhrman song that was very big when I finished high school; The real troubles in your life are those that never crossed your worried mind. The kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday. I am realistic and I know that life will throw at me different challenges most small, some big and ever now and then those that seem insurmountable. The challenge is when life gives us lemons can we make lemonade although maybe limoncello would b more fitting.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.