Saturday 9 November 2013

Where is the antheme of my thirties?


The other day I came across my massive old cd case the one I trooped across Europe and the Middle East with when I was young and free able to travel with relative ease. Its filled with songs that were the anthems of youth. Jewels soulful voice warning ‘I’m sensitive and I’d like to stay that way’, Ani Difranko all empowering songs telling those who aren’t good enough to go f*&@ themselves, David Gray wondering if this years love will last and Eminem reminding me that I have just one shot one opportunity.
Relistening to these songs that explored the challenges I was facing at that time of with friends, boyfriends, crazy weekends and parents I wonder where is the anthem of my 30’s? Who will write the song about the bitch mum in the school yard who makes you feel bad because you forgot it was a dress up day at school? I want a song the says ‘dear husband I love you put get your freaking arse off the couch and stop playing Candy Crush or I will crush you’.  I want a song that speaks to me now.
Song writers, musos, producers news flash I haven’t stopped having a life since I had kids you just seem not no longer think its relevant to enough people   to write a song about the struggle of family life and work or trying to keep romance alive.
I don’t want to listen to Rihanna’s  cheers to the freakin weekend I want heres to the weekend it mean nothing when you’re a mum. I don’t care that Jason Derulo thinks he wants to be married to you for 105 years now, what about when your boobs are sagging having feed his three babies what will he be singing then?  
Come on Pink, Beyonce, Michael Buble you guys are all about my age having kids write me a song that can be my 30s anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.