Sunday 22 December 2013

On the twelth week of Christmas; we made egg free Ginger Bread

Today is the first real day of the school holidays and thankfully all my shopping is complete so there is nothing more for the kids and I to do than kick back an relax. So to get in the spirit we did a bit of baking and due to Misses allergies I wanted to try an egg free ginger bread

Egg Free Ginger Bread
1/2 cup butter unsalted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup golden syrup
3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon clove
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
5 table spoons water

Step 1: Cream butter and sugar.
Step 2: In a small bowl mix golden syrup and water.
Step 3: Mix in half the golden syrup and water mix to butter.
Step 4: Sift in half the dry ingredients and mix.
Step 5: Mix in the last part of the golden syrup and water mix.
Step 6: Mix in the last part of the dry ingredients.
Step 7: Wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours. 
Step 8: Roll out until about 5mm and cut of with cookie cutters. I get the kids to decorate with smarties to make them look more festive and it saves on needing to ice them.

If you can relax cooking with kids it really can be great fun.
 
To be totally honest it isn't the yummiest ginger bread I have made it need more oomph but if you don't have any egg issues try out my other recipe for ginger bread. Don't be put off making ginger bread thinking its too late it doesn't take that long and it really is lovely to do bit of Chrissy baking.
 
I hope that you all have a lovely Christmas, thank you for all your support on 2013 and I look forward to continuing to grow the blog in 2014 and as always I am open to suggestions of things you would like me to focus more on.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.