Wednesday 22 January 2014

School Holidays: cooking with kids



 To be honest we made these pizzas a couple of weeks ago. Between last weeks heat,  my advance stage of pregnancy and swimming lessons everyday this week I'm stuffed.

I actually love cooking with the kids. It can be a bit stressful with Miss-Almost-Two but now I have the benefit of Master 7 who I have been cooking with since he was little he is actually a quite big help in the kitchen.
 
Making pizza is fun and easy plus the kids love it. I often try to cram in extra veggies but on this particular day I was happy to just get the kids feed.

Pizza Base
Enough for a couple of small pizzas I tripled the recipe this day as I was cooking for two kids and three adults.

1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 sachet of dried yeast
a pinch of salt
enough water to bring it together

Step 1: Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.

Step 2: Put dough onto a lightly floured board and kneed until smooth, this will take a couple of minutes.

Step 3: Put back into mixing bowl and cover with cling film. Leave it for at least an hour so that it doubles in size.


After when the dough has doubled.

When the dough has doubled in size you give the dough another light kneed. The cut off a small portion depending on how big you want your pizza and how thick. Roll it of on a lightly floured board. Then cover in tomato paste and add what ever toppings that take your fancy. We often have just ham, cheese, tomatoes with mushrooms for the kids. I quite like pumpkin with ricotta and mozzarella and pine nuts. Half the fun of home made pizza is playing around with your fav toppings. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.