Friday 24 January 2014

Bake to School Baking: Muesli Cookies

Today looks set to be the last cool day before the kids go back to school, why is it always hot when they go back? Anyway because like so many other mummies I want to sent my boy off to school with a lunch box full of yummy healthy food that will sustain him thru his day I am trying to improve of some of his favourite foods. My boy is very fussy when it comes to food and doesn't always cope well with change so I have tried to not make to many changes. Also I am not a nutritionist, I am just a mum trying to take away some of the less helpful food and add in some better ones.

Muesli Cookies

125gr butter
125gr coconut oil
100gr dried apricots
100gr sultans
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups SR flour
1/2 cup golden syrup
1/2 cup rice malt syrup

- Cut apricots into pieces about the same size as the sultans.
- Melt butter and coconut oil.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon out mixture into approximately the size of two teaspoons.
- Bake at 200c for about 10min or until golden brown.

So far so good the kids loving them.
 
 

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.