Saturday 11 January 2014

Whats your perfect number?


Its interesting to me that I have always thought a big family is 3 or 4 kids, I mean if you got to six kids then you were in a league of your own. But recently I have become obsessed   with the British tv show 16 and Counting which follows very large families of 10, 12 yep you guessed it 16 kids!!! I find it hard to get my tiny mind around that many kids, that many pregnancies, that many deliveries OMG. But like a pair of big boobies on display I can’t look away and help but wonder what would it be like.
Now my dear husband who mostly reads my blog may have a small fit when he reads this but I can at times see us having a fourth. However I CAN NOT imagine going through this another ten times, the tiredness the aches and pains, the nausea not to mention the energy it would take to raise 10 kids.
What I also find amazing about these huge families is that on the most part the mothers seems to be managing better than I am with my almost three. They are super organised (which I am not) they seem to have endless energy (which I don’t have) and are extremely selfless (which I am not). 
I worry that I won’t be able to mage with three so 13 break’s my brain.
The other day I came across this article the other day talking about big families and how modern society views big families. And it appears to me that society currently views any family with more than 2 kids as large.  When I was a kid growing up one of three seems to be the absolute normal, I find it surprising how quickly these things change.  I am surprised by how many people friends and strangers a like that are surprised that we are having a third, I'm often asked ‘why’ we have one of each why on earth have any more . But for us it was never about trying to have the perfect blend of genders it was that deep longing for a child and feeling even though we don’t have lots of cash that we have plenty of love and care for another child.
I think the perfect number for us is three my husband is one of three I am one of three. But who knows I am a woman after all and I reserve the right to change my mind.




 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.