Saturday 22 February 2014

Happy (Belated) Valentines Day


Sorry this is a post I wrote for Valentines Day but forgot to post on the V Day weekend. Hope if your in Melbourne your enjoying the glorious sun shine.
I considered writing a post about how wonderful my man is and why I love him so much because for me he is pretty darn close to perfect. As I thought about it the one thing that kept coming back to me was how amazing it feels to be loved and how all the ways he shows me that he loves me.
I am pretty sure that I am not alone when I say that sometimes I find myself pretty unlovable, I don’t think that I am beautiful or sexy or kind or in any way deserving of being loved. Yet despite my many, many floors my man is there with the same silly smile loving me. He tells me almost daily that he loves me to which I often ask ‘why?’ not because I am fishing for more compliments but because I am genuinely gobsmacked that someone would know all my horrible truths, have  seen me at my worst, seen me lose my mind at them and still love me whole heartedly.
 
At our wedding we had the Corinthians 13:4-8 read .
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.We are not a wealthy couple, we are time poor parents to three young children yet we still find away for each other. We don’t show each other our love with big fancy gifts its in the small details. It’s the phone call on his lunch break
For me it sums up how my husband makes me feel. The best gift my husband gives me is the gift of worth. He makes me feel worth loving, worth caring for, worth self-sacrifice.
 
My man doesn’t  show me that he loves me with fancy gifts, it’s in the small details of life that it shows me and reminds me he not only knows me but adores me. He shows me in the way he washes the dishes or buckets out the kid’s bath water on to the tomatoes plants. Its the way he picks me up the latest Frankie magazine or gets me more mints because he has noticed I am running low.
 If you have never felt wholly and completely loved I have to joyfully say its pretty life changing. My wish is that everyone is some shape or form can experience what I have with my man and that is to feel totally loved despite all the reasons why you may think you are unlovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.