Wednesday 2 April 2014

Choc Balls

Growing up in the suburbs during the 80's these little taste sensations were at every function I can recall and why wouldn't they? They are cheap and easy, all the things I love. I thought everyone knew how to make these gems but when i made them a few weeks ago I had a couple of friends as for the recipe...well here you go ladies.


Choc Balls
1 tin condensed milk
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 packet of marie biscuits
3/4 cup dessicated coconut plus a bit extra

Step 1: Crush the biscuits until most of them look like bread crumbs don't worry if there are a few larger chunks. I find the best way is to do it in the food processor, I have also done it in a blender or put them all in a clean plastic bag and bashed the heck out of them.

Step 2: In a large bowl mix all ingredients together.

Step 3: Roll mixture into small balls about two teaspoons worth. Then roll in coconut.

Step 4: Refrigerate them until they are firm.




3 comments:

  1. I was just about to give you my recipe for 'healthy' ones but then realised they're full of nuts... let's not send the kids into anaphylaxis today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Yours WERE delicious the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would still love to try your healthy balls, i promise not to feed them to the kids

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.