Saturday 14 June 2014

Don't ask don't tell

If your a long time reader of my blog this probably wont be a big surprise but for the regular Joe I meet out and about the next statement may shock could even offend. I don't care about the World Cup! Yep that's right I don't care about the World Cup, I'm not interested in the Commonwealth Games, Sochie was a bore, the cricket is a yawn to me and frankly call me un-Victorian I don't give a a hoot about AFL.

Clearly I don't get the magisty of sport, the wonder of watching adults run around kicking a ball and becoming so excited when the kick it into a net the hug and kiss each other. Hey fellas is aint heart surgery, no ones was saved because you kicked the ball.But hey each to there own.

To me sport is a lot like sex, just because I like doing it does not mean I like watching others do. I'm not a fool I understand that I'm out numbered that loads of crazies, I mean people like to watch sport. Good on you, I'm super happy for just don't expect me to fake interest.

So please don't ask me if I'm watching to World Cup or the Commonwealth Games or any sport for that matter because then I maybe forced to tell you what I really think. So lets just leave it with you having your sports fever, gabbing all you like about the World Cup just don't let your viewing of the World Cup interfere with my viewing of Offspring and all will be well in the world.



2 comments:

  1. Watching sport on TV is for those with two hours to spend and some emotional energy to invest. Its the motherhood equivalent of the bedtime routine. How we mothers cheer after two hours when we've won and the kids are finally asleep!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.