Tuesday 10 June 2014

Marvelous Mince Meat; Chop Suey


Ok fairs fair i have been neglecting my dear blog lately it turned two last month and I didn't even bake a cake or blog to celebrate but hey having three kids is dam busy who'd thank it hey.

The other week I posted an open letter to my friends who are all considering starting a family and in that letter I said I would share all my recipes of mince meat so that what I am starting. I call it Marvelous Mince Meat I understand that its not the best cut of meat blah blah but its affordable and versatile thats why its such a big part of family cooking.

The first recipe is Chop Suey it came sometimes be called chow mine or kysie min. But basicly its mince meant and veggies mainly cabbage.

Chop Suey

500gr mince beef (can use chicken or pork)
half a cabbage (I think a savoy is nice)

1 packet chicken noodle soup
4 sticks celery
2 carrots

4 or 5 medium mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon keens mustard powder 
1 tablespoon corn flour
soy sauce to taste

Step 1: Brown off meat.
Step 2: slice up vegetables I use the food processor for the cabbage carrots and celery.
Step 3: add curry powder and corn flour to the meat cook off for a couple of minutes.
Step 4: add chicken noodle soup and vegetables with about a cup of water. Add more water if you like it saucer.
Step 5: Cook for about 20min until the veggies are soft and serve with rice.

It isn't a fancy meal but its quick, easy and budget friendly perfect for busy family life.

When your this ugly its lucky your yummy

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.