Wednesday 27 February 2013

birthday parties (part 1)

Birthday x 2

Before I tried to get pregnant with my second child I went to the doctors to make sure I was as healthy as I could be after I got the all clear and he was walking me back out to the waiting room I clearly remember his say "now just don't get pregnant at the same time you got pregnant with your first don't want to birthdays on top of each other"ha ha wink wink nudge nudge. Oh how i laughed that would be silly and for someone who plans as much as I do was not going to happen. But for a few reasons I got pregnant at almost the same time of year as I did with my first.
Although my due date was 14 February I knew I would go over my body just holds onto my big giant babies. So 14 days over after days four days of spurious labour (stop start labour no sleep)my little girl (4.5kg) come into this world with the assistants of an emergency c-section. My first child was born 3 March so there we have it one birthday 28 February and the other 3 March.
A sneak peak of my little miss dress
This is my girls first birthday and I have spent many hours planning and preparing for this double birthday bonanza. I want to enjoy this time calibrate my cherubs so I have made lists, lists of who to invite to which party. Party on Saturday for baby girl party on Sunday for my little man. I finished buying presents a few weeks ago. I planned out party bags, made clothes and now this week is all cooking cooking cooking.
Cookies all iced ready to be packed
 I know I will sound almost cray when I tell you that currently on my fridge is a brake down of party related tasks on the fridge broken down daily but this has helped me stay sane and actually enjoy all the hoopla.
So Monday I made cookies for the treat bags, little tires for Missy and stars and men for Mr with bright icing. I put some lollies in as well but I don't like putting in a heap of sugar into parties bags as I prefer my kids not to get heaps and also I don't think they need it after a party that had lots of sweet treats.
Also in the bags we packed a few goodies bubbles for the littlies, fortune fish for bigger one, pokemon for my sons mates and our family tradition of a CD. Its like an old school mixed tape but a CD we put on it the songs that we have listened to the most with the kids over the past year or so, its always a bit of fun thinking back on the year that was and the fun we have had a singing and dancing together even though either myself or husband can play music we both love listening, dancing and singing the wrong lyrics. Now that my son is a bit older we get him to make suggestion and this year he has even included himself singing his own song 'pokemon rock yeah yeah' its a hoot.
Well I should get back to cooking that carrot slice wont ice itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.