Friday 15 March 2013

birthday parties (part 2)

The best laid plans...


Phew the party madness is over!!! We survived and he had fun, if you read my last post you know that I was trying to arrange two parties in one weekend and using military planning to help get me there. Things were all going really well when on Friday I got work (I work as a relief teacher) so by the time I drove back from work picked up both kids I didn't get home until almost 5pm and Mr needed to be out the door for cricket by 6:15pm. So there I was handing out refreshments browning mince, melting chocolate and creaming butter really it was a thing of beauty. Friday night as well as dinner, bath, breast feeding and putting kids to bed I made two chocolate cakes and a batch if egg free cup cakes as well as decorating the lot.







This would be the point where I would post some lovely pics of the cakes I made but I was a fool and didn't take any a lovely friend sent me this pic and its all I have to remember my efforts.

The morning of the party was great my husband and I worked like a machine to get ready in time. We had the party in a local park, cooked sausages and had salads. Everyone seemed to have fun, the kids run around playing, the weather was glorious and one the madness of cooking sausages was over I felt like I had a chance to stop and take to friends.
I knew that I would be busy so I asked a friend to take some photos and I haven't had a chance to catch up with her and get more pics so these are just a few of the day. But is it just me or is it no matter how much you plan events like these these in whirlwind?

Missy in her party dress enjoying a cup cake



 

This is so far my favourite photo of the day

 
But the party fun didn't end there the following day was Mr seven birthday which I have even fewer photos to post partly because I forgot to take any of the cake and also because the ones of the party have other kids in them and I am not comfortable to post pic on line of other people kids.


For Mr big day he wanted a boys only party with a Poekmon theme.  So husband took him and three boys bowling and then TGI Fridays with an orange cake decorated with a Pokeman cake topper bought from ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170672159700?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 it was a really simple party but that night Mr said he had had the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER which may have also been helped by the fact that over breakfast he lost his first tooth.
I love that my children are excited by the simple things in life and try to remind myself "a child's hands are easily filled". I am continually trying to remind myself that my kids don't need so many toys, so many clothes, so much sugar they need and want endless cuddles, stories read, laughter and play.


 
Mr lost his first tooth on his 7th birthday
 
Over the next few weeks I am not planning on posting I have several projects I want/need to get started an etsy store is one but also I want to redesign my blog I have been looking at lots of others and have a few ideas but if you have any ideas of things to include let me know, one thing is for sure I want to archive my post more easily so things can be found more easily as well as putting up more recopies and step by step how to's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.