Wednesday 31 July 2013

Cake number 1

Well today is the day that I start my 31 days of cake and I have to say that I have been a bit nervous and excited about it. Being a busy woman with two kids, working and life I am a tad worried how I will fit in everyday the time to make a cake but a challenge is a challenge and I will to my darn best. On the most part the cakes I have chosen to do and what I think of as everyday cakes and I will do a few fancy ones when I have time. If a cake by chance flops then that's what I will blog there will be no redo's. So I am very pleased to announce that todays cake, the very first one in the challenge has gone very well.
Todays cake was the first recipe I was given when I started collecting for the challenge so thanks Caz, its called the stand by cake, because it is meant to keep very well so I will let you know how that part goes. Its an interesting flavour having golden syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and cocoa in it but also very yummy and great with a cuppa as the lovely Sara Jane and I discovered this afternoon.


   The Stand by Cake


Cake;
2 tablespoon butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup golden syrup 

2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 desert spoon cocoa

-          Beat butter and sugar.
-          Add eggs beat well.
-          Add milk and golden syrup and beat.
-          Add remaining dry ingredients and beat well.
-          Bake for 1hr at 180c.

Topping;
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup milk


-          Mix half the coconut with icing sugar.
-          Mix in butter, vanilla and enough milk to make it smooth.
-          Ice cooled cake sprinkle with remaining coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.