Friday 2 August 2013

Cake Two


Its Friday and only day two but I have to say its been hard to find the energy to make todays cake. Not because I am over cake but its Friday and one of two days I work. Thank goodness that the lemon loaf is easy and has filled my kitchen with sweet lemony smells. The cake is a bit on the small side and I probably should have put it in a smaller tin...oh well next time I will be repeating this one for sure.

Fresh Lemon Loaf

125gr butter
¾ cup caster sugar
2 eggs
¾ cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup plain flour
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
Extra ¼ cup caster sugar
 

-          Preheat oven 180c and grease a loaf tin.
-          Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
-          Add one egg at a time , beat well after each egg added.
-          Sift in flour and add alternately with milk.
-          Fold in lemon zest.
-          Bake 40-45min.
-          Combine extra sugar and lemon juice and stir until dissolved.
-          When cake is cooked remove from oven and pour syrup over cake.
-          Cool on a wire rack.
-          May need to pour the syrup over several times so that the cake can absorb all the syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.