Tuesday 13 August 2013

13 days of cake

 
So far for my 31 Days of Cake I have cooked new cakes, cakes  that I have never baked before. But todays cake I have made before several years ago when I had some new 'Mum' friends over that I wanted to impressed so I broke out a Donna Hay recipe but a table cloth on the table and pretended that I was we bit fancy.

I really like these Honey Jumble Cakes and can't remember why I haven't made them in so long they are easy, cheap and yum. I especially love the honey smell the fills the kitchen while these are baking. I don't think that the icing is essential with these cakes they are really yummy straight from the oven. All iced the are very sweet cakes probably a bit too sweet for some but I have a big sweet tooth so I loved it. I think these cakes are perfect for afternoon tea when you want to look a little smug.

 

Honey Jumble Cakes

Cake;
75gr butter
1/2 cup of honey
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

icing;
1 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon honey
30gr butter soft
1 tablespoon water

- Preheat oven 160c and grease friands tins.
- Melt butter and honey in a saucepan. Set aside to cool.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add egg, milk and butter mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into tins and bake for 20min.
- Leave in tins for 3-4min before turning onto a wire rack.
- After the cake have cooled mix the icing with electric beater and ice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.