Tuesday 13 August 2013

Teddy Bear Pyjamas



The other day I had the chance to do a little bit of sewing just for pleasure such a luxury. I had a few things I wanted to get done and pyjamas for my sons bear Thomoson.
 
Because I am a frugal mama I had an old t-shirt that I wanted to recycle into a pair of pyjamaies. As well as frugal I'm a bit lazy so I tried to cut the pj in a way that would require the least amount of sewing.
I cut out a rough t-shirt shape, I didn't bother sewing in the sleeve as he is a soft toy so I wasn't all that worried about his comfort.
 
For the pants I cut the sleeves of the off the t-shirt to use for the legs. I cut the seem down about half way down to create the crutch.
 
The waist band was very easy just turned over and sewed then threaded some elastic.




I really love sewing projects like this. when I can just relax and figure things out along the way. Not needing to stress too much because the person who will be receiving it will think its amazing. Which my son did when he came home from school and found this little guy sitting on the chair.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.