Saturday 3 August 2013

Cake Four

Well its Sunday and even though Sunday is meant to be a day of rest it often feels like one of my busiest as I try to cram in all the things I seem to never have time for.
Today I decided to add to things by creating a Raspberry Ombre Cake with White Chocolate Ganache. I started at 7:50am this morning and its now 3:30pm I have only finished a short time ago. Don't get me wrong I haven't spent the whole time working on it there have been breakfasts to get, washing to do, Church, Sunday School, lunch, naps (not mine ha). But it is now finished. I have to admit it isn't quite the vision I have I am disappointed with the lack of colour separation between the first two layers and the ganache isn't as yummy as I would like, I'm putting that down to the fact that I used Cole brand chocolate and next time would get the good stuff. The cake is raspberryish, its moist and all together yum. I think I will have a go another time and tweak the colours. Would love to see pics if you give it a go.


Raspberry Ombre Cake with White Chocolate Ganache


To make this cake you need to double the cake ingredients, make two layers at a time.
Cake;
125gr melted butter cooled
¾ cup caster sugar
¼ cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup SR flour
1 rounded table spoon corn flour
1 desert spoon raspberry flavouring


      -          Combine all the ingredients and beat for 5min.
-          Split each batch into two shading a different pink to create the ombre effect when its cut into.
-          Bake for approx. 25min.
Ganache;
300gr white chocolate (get nice stuff)
300ml cream

      -          Heat the cream gently until almost boiling.
-          Pour over chocolate and stir until all melted and smooth.
-          Set aside until it has thickened, this may take awhile. 

 To assemble the cake layer the cake with plain whipped cream. Then cover in ganache. Refrigerate until ready to be served.

1 comment:

  1. I got to enjoy this cake and it was absolutely fantastic! Really yummy icing and not too overpowering with the raspberry-ness. Seeing it cut open with all those layers inside was exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.