Saturday 3 August 2013

Thank you very much *sarcasm*

The battle to get dressed
 

Lately my dear little girl has started to show us her wilful nature. At just 17 months old she refuses to let me dress her if the outfit is not to her liking he will stiffen her body so that it is quite impossible to dress her. I now have to negotiate with a terrorist, "play outside when dressed".  The tantrums at home are one thing what is super fun is when my little miss drops her bundle when we are out in public. I love her screaming as I push the trolley around the supermarket, I love her dropping to ground when it's time to leave or her rolling around when I try to pick her. But what I really really love is the looks that people give you. The rolling of eyes, the quizzical stares, the eyes of disbelief.
Now it is true that not all people will notice your child's noise. Teenagers are to self absorbed, the very old too deaf, other parents with their own kids are just grateful that its not them. The main helpful people are young childless generally women but can be men who look at you thinking 'my child will never behave like that' and older people who have clearly forgotten what it's like to have children. And to these people with their helpful looks, their caring tisks and loving sighs I want to say "thank you". Thank you for helpfulness, thank you helping me feel like a winner in the current battle thank you thank you thank you, you are so very helpful *sarcasm*

.

20 minutes later



2 comments:

  1. That child needs discipline, My children never behaved that way. Hahahaha
    Honestly why are people so judgemental and mean?
    Love your blog and your beautiful children xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the supermarket earlier and there were FOUR screaming tantruming toddlers... All I could do was think of this post and smile...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.