Friday 16 August 2013

Day 16 AKA hump day

Today marks the point where I have made cake for the challenge than I have to make. Its not always easy trying to fit baking in around a busy family life but thanks to an amazing husband and supportive friends I am getting there. I have been really pleased to have a few new people making comments and sharing the posts. I have had a few people suggest I fake the photos and not bother making a cake a day but that just not how I roll if I say I'm going to do something then I will do my dammest to do it. So even though the date is off with a few of the earlier post you have my brownie guide promise that I have made them all on the right day.
 
My husband requested I make todays cake and I was happy to oblige. It was a great after work bake, throw it all in a bowl mix and done. I think that this would be a perfect birthday cake if you were wanting to get a bit fancy and do a bit of Woman's Weekly children's cake action. Husband said the cake was "hmm gabblbe gobble yum, moist hum gobble gobble fluffy". The boy and I enjoyed a piece warm with custard.


Madeira Cake

1 ½ cup SR flour
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
125gr butter soft
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

-          Grease loaf tin. Preheat oven 180c.
-          Chop butter and put on bowl.
-          Add all other ingredients and beat for 5min.
-          Pour into tin and bake for approx. 35-45min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.