Saturday 17 August 2013

Lucky day 17

Tonight its 'ladies night' so I thought that this Black Forest Cake would be the perfect thing to take. Or maybe I should have made a cheese cake ala Golden Girls oh well to late now and I'm pretty sure the lovely ladies wont be disappointed.
 
The cake a been a bit fiddley to make but no more than you would expect for a layered cake like this.

I wont be posting the review just yet as right no I'm off with the cake to see the ladies.

Black Forest Cake

Cake;
200g dark choc
250 g butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1cup hot water
1/3 cup espresso
1 1/2 c plain flour
1/4 sr flour
2 tb so cocoa
2 eggs
1/3 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup whipped cream
415 gram can black stone less cherries drained

Ganache:
250g dark choc
2/3 cup cream
Maraschino cherries

1. Preheat oven to 160/325F. Lightly grease deep 22cm round cake pan, line base and sides.
2. Break choc into saucepan, add chopped butter, sugars, the water and coffee. Stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl, cool 10 minutes.
3. Whisk sifted flours and cocoa, eggs, buttermilk into chocolate mixture.
4. Pour mixture into two sandwich tins. Bake cake about 1 hour 20 mins. Stand cake in pan 20 mins before turning, top side up, onto wire rack to cool.
5. Meanwhile, make choc ganache and choc curls to decorate if you wish.
6. Sandwich with half the ganache. Top with cream and cherries. Spread top of cake with remaining ganache, top with choc curls and maraschino cherries if you like.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness I was one of those ladies!!! The black forest cake was delicious!! The cake was quite heavy like a brownie consistency, so it was sort of like having a brownie sandwich with cream and cherries as the filling and surrounded by delicious chocolate ganache!!! Lovely!!! Thanks Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased I could share it with you. So nice to spend time with wonderful women :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.