Sunday 18 August 2013

Day 18

Here is a shocking revelation, after 17 days of day I am to be honest growing a tad tired of cake so today called for something a bit different. I found this recipe for Strawberry Short Cakes, the cakes are more like a sweet scone, really rather easy to make. I enjoyed them not being overly sweet and really loved the fresh strawberries in honey.

Strawberry Short Cakes 

2 cups plain flour
3 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
1 1/3 cups cream
1 large egg (I used egg replacer)
1/3 cup honey
Punnet of strawberries

-       Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
-       Rub in butter.
-       Add 1/3 cup cream, 1/3 cup water and egg.
  -       Mix together to make    a thick dough.
-       Drop 6 mounds of dough onto lined trays. Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
-       Bake 25min at 180c.
-       When cakes are cooled. Heat 1/3 cup of water and 1/3 cup of water boil for 5min then cool.
-       When cooled at sliced strawberries, leave for at least 30min.
-       To serve, slice the cakes, put  whipped cream on one half and top with strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.