Monday 19 August 2013

Day 19


Doing the 31 Days of Cakes has had highs and lows. Days when I if I'm honest that I would rather not bake and I have needed to dig deep for inspiration, cakes have flopped. There has been highs too, tiring cakes I have always wanted to make, sharing cakes with friends and family and see all the views of my little blog with comments I have just loved.
I have also been surprised how many really easy not very expensive cakes recipes there are out there. I don't think I will ever buy cake again...well at least not supermarket cake. 
Todays cake is a cake I have always thought I would like to try, I've watched many cooking shows over the years and seen how they do it but always been too worried to tried. So today I was a brave girl and gave a swiss roll a crack. Guess what? It really wasn't that hard. Now I'm not sure if it would cut the mustard for the ladies at the C.W.A. but for me I was wrapped to see it sitting on the plate. It is an impressive looking cake which took just under an hour to have all done. I am disappointed that I didn't take photos of me assembling the cake as I had planned but I was so busy stressing that it was going to crumble I completely forgot till it was all done.
And the taste...very nice, lovely light fluffy sponge with jam and cream what a winner.

 

Swiss Roll

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup SR flour
2 eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon water

- Grease a lamington tin and preheat oven 180c.
- Beat eggs well.
- Add sugar beat well.
- Add water and ,milk beat well.
- Sift in flour, beat.
- Bake for about 15min.
- Turn cake onto a damp tea towel that has been sprinkled with caster sugar.
- Roll cake short end. Allow the cake too cool a little the roll the tea towel out, spread in jam and cream. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.