Tuesday 20 August 2013

Day 20

If I am honest I chose todays cake more based on its shape than anything. The bunt cake makes me think of that great scene from My Fat Greek Wedding when the wasp brings the bunt cake.
 
My bunt tin is a small silicon one so I had left over batter which I put in the cup cake tin.

This cake is really lovely very moist and buttery, not very strong on the coconut flavour, I think this cake would keep well but not sure if we will find out think it will be eaten quickly. Next time I make this cake I think I will put chocolate icing on it.


Coconut Cake

250gr butter, soft
1 1/4 caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups SR flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup milk
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup boiling water

- Preheat oven 160c
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time.
- Beat in flour, coconut and milk.
- Pour into cake tin and bake.
- When can has cooled icing, spread over and leave till it sets.

1 comment:

  1. Very impressed with all your lovely cakes Lauren, and your on-going commitment to do your cakes. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.