Wednesday 21 August 2013

Day 22

A friend issued me with a challenge to make a Dairy Free Gluten Free cake that was light on with crap. So I set about to find a recipe that fit the bill. What I liked about this recipe was that I knew what the ingredients were, I'm not a big fan of having to hunt our ingredients I don't know.
All that said I was rather worried about making this cake as its not like any I have ever made before. To be honest because I wanted to get this cake done early in the day I boiled the oranges last night and let them cool. The cake took a lot longer that I had thought it was in the oven for 1hr 20min in the end I took it out because I was worried the top would burn. I was so unconvinced that it would be ok if I took it out of the tin I actually delivered it in the tin. It did seem to firm up a bit as it cooled and had I have had time at home I would have taken in out. But all said that the feed back was still good.

 Cake is very moist, citrus flavour is divine. I know u said u baked it for longer, but I reckon it could have done with a bit longer. So yummy! I'd make it again!

Thanks Fi home you and your lovely family enjoy the cake.

Dairy free gluten free orange cake

6 eggs
3 large oranges
2 cups sugar
2 cups almond meal

-          Bring a pot of water to the boil. Simmer oranges for 1 hour
-          Strain off water cool oranges
-          Put eggs and sugar in food processor mix until sugar is dissolved. Put in bowl.
-          Cut oranges into quarters, add to food processer pule until smooth.
-          Pour pulp into egg mixture add almond meal mix gently.

-          Pour into a lined spring form tin and bake for 1hr at 180c. (if I made this again I would try it at 160c for 1 3/4hrs)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.