Monday 26 August 2013

Day 26

About all I am going to say today is yeah I did it...




Today Lauren made a devils food cake for my husbands birthday. Our family had never tasted this cake before so we had no idea what to expect. Well it was delicious. It was chocolate, chocolate and luscious chocolate. The cake itself was on the flat side but extremely moist. It looked very rich but was surprisingly wasn't. Being his birthday, my husband decided to lash out and add a dollop of vanilla ice-cream. Well it topped it off. It made a lovely cake amazing. Thank you so much Lauren. I would definitely recommend this cake. And no, we are not sharing. Sorry :)   Sara.
 Devil Food Cake

¾ cup SR flour
¼ cup cocoa
1 cup water
½ cup butter
1 ¼ cup raw sugar
2 eggs 

-          Preheat oven 180c
-          Cream butter and sugar.
-          Add one egg at a time and beat.
-          Add flour, cocoa and water, then beat.
-          Pour into greased tin and bake for approx. 50min

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.