Tuesday 27 August 2013

Day 27

First off I would like to apologise for yesterdays very brief post I also want to apologise to Chris for a rather lack lustre birthday cake I had such grander plans. I have had a coldie thing which set off my asthma and frankly yesterday was horrible very difficult to breath at times. But because I am a stubborn old cow I refused to give in especially this close to the end. I'm still not 100 per cent (thanks for asking) but so much better to my husbands TLC last night.
So todays cake I have read of a few times on different blogs and in magazines that I read and thought that it would be interesting to try.
I think I left this cake in just a couple of minutes too long. The cake is surprisingly doughnut like I'm note sure if that is mainly because of the sugar and cinnamon that covers it but either way its rather good. I like a cake that doesn't have icing as the freeze well and makes it easier to finish them.

Doughnut Cake

125gr butter, soft
1 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cup SR flour
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 dessert spoon cinnamon
3 dessert spoon caster sugar

- Preheat oven 180c. Grease a ring tin.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time.
- Beat in flour.
- Beat in milk.
- Spoon mixture into tin and bake for about 40min.
- While still warm sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.