Thursday 29 August 2013

Day 29

Todays recipe was sent to me by a friend who follows a vegan diet. Its funny or I'm a bit dim but I hadn't really thought about vegan cakes ect but of course they normally are full of eggs, milk and butter. These babies are great. I'm sure what the line is between cup cakes and muffins but these ones are a little muffin like, which I don't see as an issue. Most importantly both the kids liked them so these will be a lunch box treat.


Vegan Choc Orange Cup Cakes

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 tspoon baking powder
1/2 tspoon baking soda
1/4 tspoon salt
3/4 c orange juice–I was a bit up myself and squeezed fresh
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 t vanilla extract

- Preheat oven to 180c
- Put in a bowl, mix together the orange juice, oil, vanilla,sugar and orange zest.
- Sift in remaining dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 of the way and bake for 18 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack .

The recipe suggested using bourbon but as I am with child  and I was making these for the kids I decided to go with my own. Orange juice and icing sugar. Probably should have made it a bit thicker but it was still tasty.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.