Friday 9 August 2013

Day 9


Well todays cake has not turned out as planned. I thought that I knew better than the recipe, that when its says wait until completely cooled that having been out of the oven for ten minutes that it would be fine. But no the whole thing feel apart, on the upside it taste amazing so I will actually make it another time. I said this this challenge that I would show the cakes that didn't work so here it is.
My dear family say its ok God bless them.


Quadruple Chocolate Loaf Cake


Cake;
¾ cup plain flour
½ teaspoon bicarb soda
¼ cup cocoa
1 cup caster sugar
175gr butter soft
2 eggs
1 table spoon vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
½ cup boiling water
175gr dark chocolate

Syrup;
1 teaspoon coca
½ cup water
½ cup caster sugar
25gr dark chocolate

 
-          Preheat oven 180c and line loaf tin with grease proof paper.
-          Put flour, bicarb, cocoa, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and sour cream into food processor and blitz till smooth.
-          Scrape down sides and add boiling water through the funnel as it blitzes .
-          Remove blade and stir through chopped up chocolate.
-          Pour into loaf tin bake for 1 hour.
-          About 10min before you take the cake out start the syrup but putting water, coca and sugar into a small sauce pan.
-          Boil for 5min until the sugar has caramelized and the syrup is really dark.
-          Remove cake from the oven when cooked. Pour over the syrup.
-          Take the cake out of the tin after it is completely cooled.
-          Great over remainder of chocolate.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that looks so delicious. I'll definitely be giving this one a go, and probably not sharing it. Too good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an amazing cake so please do try again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will bake this one again it was very yummy just a shame I tried to rush it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.