Friday 9 August 2013

The review for the sponge with lemon cream

 


This was the first time I had made this particular sponge, when I first read the recipe I worried that it was too good to be true. I was very pleased to receive this review for the cake.
 
Sponge cake is not something my family does. As a child it was something that could be easily ruined, so my mum never made it. I was just a touch nervous when I found out it was going to be my birthday cake.
 
Firstly, it was massive cake! 4 layers! My boys couldn't believe the size (I'm not a baker). Master 8 walked away, master 6 wanted to know what the "black things" were. So I cut 2 very narrow pieces. The cake was not like I remembered. The texture was light. And the cream filling, wow. So yummy. I really enjoyed the tang of the passion fruit.
 
Being such a large cake, I took the remains to share at my school. Lots of "yums" and "beautiful" from those who tried it.
Might even try baking a sponge myself.
 
I have been so grateful to the people that have reviewed a cake so far. Next week I haven't got anyone down to review a cake but I do have some tasty creations to coming, a chocolate and beetroot cake, honey jumble cakes, a nutmeg cake. Email me if you would like to review one of these cakes laurshapal@gmail.com .  

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could review a cake....I have my taste buds at the ready....how quick can it be flown over.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.