Sunday 11 August 2013

The 11th hour

On the most part I have been extremely well planned for 31 Days of Cake partly because I am a anal nut mostly because I have to, to be able to fit in baking a cake around the business of our family. However today different, I wasn't in the mood to make the cake I had planned today. Master Seven wanted to help make the cake so that also changed plans I didn't want to make a cake that was going to cause a lot of stress. Really what the boy was interested in was decorating the cake so after several hours of going through the Women's Weekly Party Cake book and a flick through Pintrest w e came up with a design that I left would keep us all happy.
It may seem odd that I have made a gluten free cake then decorated it with biscuits that are not gluten free. Yes it is a tad weird but it is also a compromise as well my son isn't strictly gluten free we just try and reduce gluten were we can in his diet as we find to much has a negative affect. It also gave me a chance to play around with the White Wings Gluten Free Flour, which I have been told is the bomb.
 

Lactose, Egg and Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 cups gluten free SR flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup rice bran oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
- Preheat oven 160c and line cake tin.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix for 3-4min.
- Bake for 45-50min.
 
 
 
 
To decorate we used the butter cream icing the same as for the marble cake. Put chocolate fingers on the side and overed the top with m&m's really what kid wouldn't want to make this cake.
 
To be honest which I said I would with this. I don't really like this cake, the kids wont mind it but to me the texture is rather odd. It is spongy but not in a nice was its a bit like easting rubber so really the icing and the decorations were the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.