Saturday 10 August 2013

The Tenth Cake

Since I was a child of the 80's raised in the burbs I thought that the photo's in the Woman's Weekly of Pineapple Upside Down Cake looked pretty swanky. As a kid I had visions of making a cake like this for my family to oh and ah over. Of course the originals had glacé cherries but as I am not a fan I chose to omit them.
Even though I had dreamed of upside down cakes for a large portion of my childhood today was the first time I made one. It was surprisingly simple, even turning it out was easy. Its cold in Melbourne tonight so a piece of this one warm with cream was divine.




Pineapple Upside-down Cake

 

Topping;
60gr butter
½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
470gr tin of pineapple slices 

Cake;
125gr butter
¾ cup caster sugar
2 eggs
2 cups SR flour
¼ cup milk
¼ cup syrup

-          Preheat oven 180c.
-          Drain the pineapple and keep ¼ cup of syrup.
-          Blend butter and brown sugar then spread over the bottom of the cake tin.
-          Arrange pineapple over sugar mixture.
-          Cream butter and sugar. Then add one egg at a time, beat until light and fluffy.
-          Fold in sifted flour, syrup and milk.
-          Pour batter into tin and bake for 1 hour.
-          Allow the cake to stand for 5min before turning upside down for serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.