Monday 30 September 2013

Raspberry Chocolate Ripple Cake


If like me and you grew up in the 1980's and spent anytime time in suburban Australia you would have come across a Chocolate Ripple Cake. And OMG they are amazing in simplicity, rich dark chocolate biscuits covered in whipped cream and let to sit until the go soft. I know what you are thinking, yes it is the height of sophistication. I was making a Chocolate Ripple Cake a few years ago while a girlfriend was round she had had a sad and deprived childhood and had never heard of this amazing desert. She was a little shocked as I slathered on the whipped cream and asked why didn't I just smear the cream straight on my arse, my response 'because then I couldn't taste the wonder that is Chocolate Ripple Cake'.
Now I am a modern woman so I have give the old Chocolate Ripple Cake a wee make over to Raspberry Chocolate Ripple Cake. It is almost as easy as the original only one added step.








Raspberry Chocolate Ripple Cake

Packet of Choc Ripple biscuits
600ml cream, whipped
250gr frozen raspberries, defrosted
Tablespoon sugar


- In a food processor blitz up the berries and sugar.
- Coat one side of the biscuit in whipped cream the other with the purred raspberries.
- Line the covered biscuits up and cover in whipped cream.
- Cover the top with a grated biscuit or a broken up flake. (when I was a kid a peppermint crisp was always and exciting choice but I don't think raspberry and peppermint would work).
- Wait at least 4 hours until digging to it and you8 wont believe how amazing 4 ingredients can taste.

 It may not be a pretty looking cake when served but you will forgive it because its easy to make and easy to eat, happy days.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.