Sunday 15 December 2013

seventh week of Christmas: We made rocky road

 There may not be many days left till the end of the school year but it isn't too late to make a yummy present for the kids teachers, classroom helpers, crossing guards. We whipped up a double batch yesterday. Its so easy that I had master 7 helping, I believe it is very important that we get kids involved in making, preparing and giving gifts after all no one wants kids that are just takers.

Rocky Road
2 bags marshmallows
1 bag lolly raspberries
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup rice bubbles
500gr chocolate

Step 1: cut marshmallows in fours.
Step 2: cut lolly raspberries in fours.
Step 3: melt chocolate.
Step 4: mix in all the ingredients.
Step 5: pour into slice tins, wait till set and cut into bite size pieces.

I like to bundle them up in cellophane bags that I got from Spotlight but really there are so many ways you could wrap them up. And remember its so super easy and quick so there is still time to get it done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.