Monday 9 December 2013

the sixth week of Christmas: we made wrapping paper with toddlers

My dear friend Amy who has a boy about the same age txt me the other night with the bright idea that we catch up and do some Christmas craft with out tots. I the arty craft one was to come up with the idea. So I goggled and found a finger paint recipe. We also used some glitter to add to the festive feel. One child loved the painting and had a great time the other got jack of it quickly and rather play with the baby. 
The recipe is really easy and it makes fun wrapping paper for Christmas time. 

Finger Paint

1/4 cup corn flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup water
Food colouring
 
Mix all the ingredients apart from the food colouring in a saucepan on a low heat until it thickens.
When cool add colouring.
Store in an air tight container.
 
Have fun and get messy with your kids they do love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.