Tuesday 28 January 2014

Back to school: Kids Orange Cake

Today was the first day back at school for my son along with a lot of other kids. I find it really interesting the comments other mums post on facebook about the first day back. And whilst I get the tears and emotion for the mums with prep kids or kids starting new schools I find it a bit sad when I read other mums saying how sad they are that they are going to school full stop. Yes I will miss my boy while his at school certainly his sister was sad to leave him but I am also excited for him that he has a whole host of new and exciting adventures ahead of him. I think as mothers sometimes we forget that we are raising people, not children the aim is that in the end we hope our children will become independent, productive members of society and school is a small step in that journey.
 
This orange cake is based on my fav food processor orange cake which my kids love. But my little Miss can't eat eggs  and we are trying to get more protein into Mr so I have played around and come up with this egg free protein enriched orange cake.  

Egg Free Protein Enriched Orange Cake


2 navel oranges
185gr butter soft
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 tsp egg replacer mixed with water
1 1/4 cups SR flour
4 scoops protein powder
   
Step 0ne: preheat oven 170c, lightly grease and line spring form tin
 
Step Two: cut oranges into quarters removing the white pithy core but leaving the skin on place into food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
 
Step Three: Add butter, sugar and vanilla pulse until combined.
 
Step Four: add egg replacer and: pulse till combined
 
Step Five: add flour and protein  powder pulse till combined be careful not to over mix. pour into tin and back for about 1 hour




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.