Saturday 1 February 2014

Perspective

Perspective is a funny old thing. I clearly remember my eldest sister turning 18 and thinking 'wow she is an adult she knows everything there is to know'. Then a few years later I turned 18 and I thought 'crap I don't know everything' to now when I talk to 18 year olds and think 'he he you got a lot to learn spring chicken'. But its all the same age its just my perspective that has changed.

I know that I have friend who think of me as a bit of a left wing hippy and others who think of me as rather straight and conservative. I have people in my life who see me as self indulgent and others who see me missing out on lots. Really it all just comes down to perspective.

The other day I was chatting to a friend about the Liberace film she had found it really funny. Now there were bits in it I found funny I have to say when the film ended I actually just felt sad. He seemed to me that Liberace had a pretty sad life in the end. So the only thing different is that good ol' friend perspective.
 
Happy 40th big sis you are so young
Recently my eldest sister turned 40. Personally I have mixed feelings about one of my siblings reaching this milestone birthday. There is part of me that honestly thinks 'geez how did we get so old, I remember Mum and Dad turning 40'. But there is another part of me that thinks '40 there's still tons of time'. I remember thinking of 40 as so old, your life must be almost over but now as it gets closer I think life is just getting started. I actually said to my husband the other day 'just imagine 45 babe our oldest will be 20 and our youngest 12 how great will that be'.
 
So I'm setting myself a wee challenge, I want to focus on what I do have not what I don't have.
I want to remind myself about what I have achieved rather than dwell on what I have failed at.
I want to think about what is possible rather than what is impossible.
 
I have been known to be rather negative but part of what I would like to achieve this year and into the future is to focus on the positive because in the end it really is a matter of perspective.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.