Wednesday 1 January 2014

School Holiday Fun; cornflour and shaving cream

 
Well here we are in 2014, I commented last night to my husband that I cant believe its 2014 he replied that he is still getting over the shock that its the 21st century.
 
This year I want to focus the blog on living more creatively for the time poor. Because after all with number three on the way I will be rather short on spare time but I still want to try to create opportunities for myself and the kids to get creative.
 
Well the school holidays are in full swing, thankfully the weather is being kind to a pregnant lady and at the moment its not to hot which means swimming and the beach are currently off the list of activities to do to keep the kids busy.


In the sprit of quick and easy I wanted to see how the old corn flour and shaving cream mixture went with the kids. I had read a few different things on line and wanted to give it a try.
 
Cornflour and Shaving Cream;
Mix roughly half and half of the shaving cream and cornflour. I gave it to the kids on a small paper plate as I wasn't sure how the clean up would go but it was too easy so next time I wont worry about the disposable plate as a quick wipe over was all that was needed.
As the cornflour is mixed with the shaving cream it gets thicker and more mouldable. Not surprisingly miss almost two was interested longer than mr almost eight.
Next time I try this I would like to add some food dye and see how it might go as finger paint.
Its not going to keep the kids busy for hours but it provided a bit of cheap fun. It would also work well as a bit of junior science experiment, getting kids to predict what might happen then reporting what did happen for any teachers out there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.