Wednesday 12 February 2014

Don't Bring Flowers Bring Sushi

I am pre writing this. If all has gone to plan I gave birth to my third child a few days ago and I am resting happily in hospital. Now as I rest and get to know my new buddle of joy I expect that there will be several well wishers wanting to get a gander of the new addition. Now while visitors are welcome and gifts are not required there tends to be both when babies are born. Now as a mother of three flowers and onesis are lovely but what I am really hankering is ham, fetta, soft serve and crispy chicken sushi oh a maybe a cheeky wine.

I know what I really need in the coming weeks and months though is people, the type I can be honest with. Friends I can talk honestly to about how whilst it is a total blessing to be a mother it is equally overwhelming and exhausting.

I also know that I need to be kind to myself in the coming weeks, months (years). I need to rest and I cant get it all done, the house will be messier than I'd like, the kids will sometime watch more t.v. than I'd hope for, every meal will not be well balanced and nutrious, I will get it wrong sometimes and think 'why did I say that?' I wont look like Hedi Klum after she gave birth primary because I didn't look like her to start with. And that's all ok and good.

So yes the blog my go silent for a bit, I may repost old post or write some junk  please stick with me I still have lots to say and lots of ideas I want to get happening when the time is right.
 

This is actually the birth of baby number two I will do my best to post pics of the new bub when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.