Saturday 12 April 2014

If I was the mother I want to be AKA the woman I think I should be

If I was the mother I want to be... I wouldn't get stressed and overwhelmed when it was taking 10 minutes to load three children into the car. I would remain calm and say 'Come along Tarkquin, Mummy is taking you to the museum' and he would hope in the car effortlessly and drive away gleefully. Instead the baby is crying the 8 year old is dily daling and the 2 year old simply refusing to budge and I am yelling 'HURRY UP'.

If I was the mother I want to be... I would make all our food from scratch, including all the lunch box treats which would be made from organic quinoa sweetened with rice malt syrup. Rather than being the mum who is ramaging through the pantry  trying to see what I could possibly send to school and dinner being a mixture of the contents of jars and packets.

If I was the mother I want to be... cleaning the house would be a breeze the kids would chip in, we would whistle while we worked and all be smiling. Currently I'm not even aiming for clean, I'm hoping for functionally tidy which has less pressure attached to it.

If I was the mother I want to be... I would have the time, energy and enthusiasm to play endless tea parties, build lego and play with play dough. More often than I would like i am setting the kids up with an activity so that I can feed the baby, put the the washing on the line or throw together a meal.
If I was the mother I want to be... I would glide into the school yard for drop off in a stylish yet sensible ensemble. I would have time to help out with class readers, fate planning, sausage sizzle and class cooking . Currently I'm struggling to learn all the kids in my son's class and I'm happy if Ive showered before we leave for school each morning.

I have a beatiful friend who say 'in an ideal world...but we don't live in an ideal world so we do the best we can with what we have'/ Which is what I'm doing. We have great days and crap days. We have days that I wish could last forever and days that i wish i could have a re do on. But like mothers ever where I'm just doing my best with what I'm got. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.