Saturday 3 May 2014

Lies I was told and believed growing up

This isn't about those little lies we are all told as kids or about Santa. This is about things I grew up believing that influenced and shaped me only to grew up and be told its all a bunch of whooie.

Having a husband will make you life easier; I grew up in a single parent house hold and often heard my mother say it would be easier if my father was here. Having been a single parent now married I can tell you not easier just different. The challenges are different yes there is another income but there is another mouth to feed an extra car to run and extra person to cloth.

Breast feeding is easy; I'm not exactly sure where I picked up this idea from but i believe that it would be easy until the birth of my first child. And it wasn't easy my milk did not flow I stressed baby cried then I cried. We got there in the end but it did not come easily. 

Life is fair; I'm sorry to tell you this but life isn't fair. I have seen truly crap things happen to great people. I have seen great people die before their time, caring women unable to get pregnant, fantastic workers over looked for promotions. Without being bitter life isn't always fair, deal with it.
Me young and innocent believing the lies    

Work hard and you will get ahead; Once again I really thought growing up if I studied hard, worked hard then I would get ahead but for a series of events I'm in mt 30's yet to buy a house and we need to be pretty careful with our money (which we all should be all the time). I know that I am not alone in my experience.

Melbourne is the only city in the world to have trams; OMG I know that isnt life shattering but I was gobb smacked when I traveled and relised this was utter crap. I knew San Fransico had cable cars but I was told they are totally diffrent. So imagoine my supprise when I rock up to Amsterdam, with trams. Berlin, trams, Croydon in the UK trams, Lisbon with trams. What a lie I had been told.

Ok so that's about all the lies that stand out from my childhood that I swallowed. What lies were you told?



1 comment:

  1. My parents told me health insurance and car insurance were compulsory. Took me until I was 25 to realise that they weren't!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
A bit about me… I’m a wife, a mother of three kids, I’m a Christian, a teacher, I cook, I clean, I sew, I paint, I garden. I'm a contradiction of myself, I eat too much drink too but try to keep healthy, I get cross with my husband, I don’t always have enough patience with my kids. I get caught up on the stupid details of life and sometimes forget about the importance of the big picture. This blog is my blog, my space to share, to rant, a place to create I hope you like what I am doing and would love you to follow along.